Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tuesday Nov 18, 2014

Tonight, 1 hour of leg shredding elliptical workout. I know some people trash ellipticals as a serious piece of exercise equipment, I wonder if they tried using the programing and if they worked at it or they thought they were just suppose to walk?

I have talked with Bob B and he suggested that I taper before the run and is trying to dissuade me from running on the Saturday before leaving for Hawaii.  Tapering is important, it allows the muscles to heal and rebuild.  I have been wondering, how much the heart is affected by heavy exercise; are the fibers in the heart torn down in long runs, like the leg muscles are?   Do they heal and repair themselves like the muscles in my legs.?  Would a weeks rest improve my heart as it will my legs?

Another concern I have about not running for a week and that is putting on weight before the run... I guess I'll need to just do a lot of walking and watch what I eat.  It is important to me that I do a good job on this run.


No comments:

Post a Comment