Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thursday 11/20/2014



1 hour on the treadmill. I mile @ 5% grade (5-6 mph) 1 mile @ 12% grade (started at 4 mph dropped to 3.3), 1 mile 3-7 % grade varied (mostly around 5 mph) 1 mile walk @ 12% grade ( 3 and 3.3 mph)

Tough running the 12% and after completing that at around 31 minutes, I wanted to quit for the night and then remembered that I want to try and beat Ranger on Saturday – actually I had to start remembering that at around the ½ mile mark of the 12% grade.

Another thing that does keep me going is that I run to please God, because he has given me the health and fitness to run at this point in my life. The guys that I grew up with are all loosing their health, looking old and stiff and overweight. Sorta like I did 4 years ago. The youngest of the group is retired and on disability and another his age died a few days ago in a traffic accident. Yet another, the fittest, strongest, most athletic of us, also retired a few years ago and went to Mexico. I didn't recognize him until his daughter told me it was him. I have a lot to be thankful for in all areas of my life.


Neil's car accident just brings to mind how quick our life can end; we have no control of when, where or how it will happen, but it will. In many ways, I still have that feeling of immortality that young men have, yet I know that isn't true.

19 Days until the 1/2 marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment