Monday, August 23, 2010

The Dream

In 1998 I said to myself that I wanted to return to Skagway, AK to hike the Chilkoot trail. I told myself through the following years that I wanted to hike the Chilkoot. It was always out of reach because of lifes events and because I didn't think I had the backpacking experience orthat I  was in shape to accomplish the task and being in that frame of mind, it would always stay a dream.
My first life change came after Jo Ann died and I realized how many times we said, “someday we are going to ...” and we never got around to someday. The other wasn't so profound, it happened around a campfire in September of 2009, people were talking about trails they had hiked and trails they wanted to hike when I stated “Someday I want to hike the Chilkoot.” Laurie asked me when someday was. That statement turned in my mind for a long time and I decide that “Someday was the last week of August and the first week of September, 2010.”

No comments:

Post a Comment