Sunday, October 23, 2011

Training - Sunday 10/23/2011

This morning I ran for 2 hrs on the trails and logging roads behind Pt. Gamble.  I think I ran 9 miles.  My GPS is not working correctly.  What is usually logged as 9/10 or 1 mile was .7 miles,  After running up a trail, what should have put me over 2 miles was shown as 1.7 miles.  It was an interesting run as I did much better than I did last Sunday.  It seems the hill repeats and the Cross Fit training are working for me.  This week I will do hill repeats twice and Cross Fit twice.  I will need to rest on Friday and Saturday to let my legs rest and heal so they are fresh for the run.  It is called the Spooky 12K - put on by Poulsbo Running.
The first mile of my run seems to be the hardest and after I get past that mark, I can keep going.  It isn't easy, but it is easier than the first mile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment