Thursday, November 28, 2013


Turkey Trot 2013 - Bainbridge Island, WA
 
Today was the 1st 5K race in my 18 month running goals.

Last Saturday, I finished putting my NordicTrak C900i treadmill together. I ran a 5K on it that night, and then on Sunday I rowed 500 cals, about 20 minutes and then ran about 2.6 miles before accidently pulling the key off the treadmill, shutting it down and erasing the stats. On Monday I did Crossfit and then Tuesday and Wednesday I rested in preperation for today's Turkey Trot.

My friend Kat joined me for the run; she is interested in taking up running and doing some training runs on the weekends. It would be nice to have a training partner. Today was her first 5K and she did great. It was harder for me to do the run and I am confident that she could have had a better time, if she was running alone, but she said that negates the point of running a race together. Her attitude will probably change after she gets a few races under her belt.

I am happy with my time, I think the time I saw on the clock at the finish line was the race clock and we came in at 30:55. We had a really slow start, walking to and across the start line before we could start running, so that did affect our time. I am waiting for them to post the official results to see what our actual time is.

I had to walk a couple times for about 30 seconds, but that is fine. Whatever my time turns out to be, it will be a baseline for this year, something to improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment