Saturday, November 23, 2013

Just set some new goals/dreams and thought I would start writing them down and doing updates.  If they are seen, cool.  If not, cool.  I had fun when I did this while preparing for my trip to Alaska to hike the Chilkoot trail.  Now, I have set some running goals for the next 18 months.  Some are easy and others a progressively harder.  Here they are:

18 Month running Goals – November 2013 to April 2015

1 - 5K q month
1 - 10K q 2 months
1 – 1/2 marathon
1 – 25K
1 – marathon
1 – 50K
1 – 50 mile run


I am doing CrossFit, I started CrossFit to help with my running, and as I got stronger, I thought "I am actually able to compete (CrossFit) in my age bracket."  That is when I probably did some stupid stuff and injured and re-injured some old injuries.  I recently re-evaluated what I wanted - healthwise - and determined that I want to be healthy and fit.  I want to be able to run and show strong in my division, which if I had kept in running shape, I would have been able to do this past year, but because of injuries, I didn't run and did very little CrossFit.  So now I am starting over.

So here is the plan: CrossFit to strengthen my legs and core and to increase cardio vascular system, and running to improve and compete.  I purchased a Concept 2 rower to help with my cardio and core and an additional benefit is that it is helping with my shoulder injury.  I just purchased a NordicTrac C900i treadmill so I can run 3 or 4 evenings a week during the winter and spring months.

My outdoor runs will probably be on Sundays.  Also hiking, snow shoeing and cross country skiing are on the books for this winter.

I hope I keep motivated to update this blog at least weekly.

My first 5K run is on Thanksgiving morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment