Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I have ignored this blog for awhile....

and it is time I got back to it.  New dreams and goals are always available to me, and it is only right that I post them somewhere. 

The latest goal, or "crazy" thing for me in 2011 is training to run a 10K race. The Dirty Dash, you can watch a video at http://www.thedirtydash.com/ .

My training started not because of the 10K, but because a friend was considering starting a 5K race in Port Ludlow; in order to encourage her, I told her if she was successful, I would enter the race.  This was a stretch for me, as I had tried running in December of 2010, and I couldn't run 2 tenths of a mile, and I gave up.

Before I started training, my friend told me that she had entered a 10K race that it was going to be in the mud, she laughed and talked about how much fun it would be.  I smiled and said "Have fun."  A few weeks later after I had started training, she showed me a video of the race and I thought it would be a crazy fun thing to do.  I am now on her team, 5 women and two men.  I am the oldest by 6 years and probably the least experienced runner.  I am training and training hard - I have two goals.  1. To have fun and finish the race and 2. To not be the reason our team finishes last.

I am on my way to achieving those goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment