Saturday, June 30, 2012


July 4th, Christmas in July.  The first day after completing my first Whole 30.  I go to sleep with visions of sugar plums dancing in my head,  Not really, I don’t know what a sugar plum is.  But I have actually thought of a “beer float”  and BBQ with BBQ sauce from Mikes 4 Star BBQ, A Twix, Swimming Rama, a MOD pizza, and to a lesser degree potato chips and that I can, if I want, eat any of these starting Wednesday, July 4th 2012.

Things I have heard in the last 7 days.

From a friend I haven’t seen since October when I met her in the restaurant. “Dave, you’re a shell of your former self.”  “Dave, you’re looking quite svelte, these days.”   And from a friend at work when I joking about all the food I can eat starting on the 4th. “You are looking good, why give it all up!  Don’t waste all that you have done.”

I don’t always get what I dream of for Christmas, so I guess the real gift I will have on the 4th is the “Choice” of what and how I eat, the choice of continuing a life style without being on a regimented plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment